play safe! be safe!
Fire Safety Education for Young Children
Fireproof Children and child development specialists developed the award-winning play safe! be safe! multi-media classroom kit for BIC Corporation. Fireproof Children developed and has provided the play safe! training workshops and order fulfillment for the play safe! kits for more than 20 years.
Each year communities are selected to receive play safe! be safe! community fire safety workshops at no cost. A grant to Fireproof Children, from BIC Corporation underwrites the cost of the presentation and provides a free play safe! be safe! kit to every participant.
To provide as many preschool-age children and their families as possible with high quality, age appropriate fire safety materials and training, we target state and local community agencies in larger metropolitan areas providing early childhood education, day care services and community safety.
“A highly interactive workshop with good discussion about how to effectively motivate people. The speaker had excellent facilitation skills.”
“How easy the kit is to use! And so developmentally appropriate!”
Ft. Wayne, IN
“I enjoyed the training on the program, but also the information on how to teach others – like two trainings in one.”
Early childhood educators, day care providers, fire safety educators and other health, safety and education professionals.
Robert Cole, Holly Brown, Molly Clifford and Maria Figueroa
Benefits of this training:
- 3 hours of training, eligible for CEU credits
- Each participant receives the award-winning play safe! be safe! multi-media classroom kit including:
- 20-minute DVD with four lessons featuring “Firefighter Beth”
- Story boards with four lessons
- Dress the Firefighter activity board
- Safe for Play! Keep Away! activity board
- Keep Away!/¡Aléjate! card game
- Comprehensive Teacher’s Manual & Resource Book
- The vulnerability of young children to fire and burn injuries.
- The surprising frequency of children’s misuse of fire, their distorted perception of fire, and limited capacity to understand the potential danger of fire.
- Effective developmentally appropriate methods to teach fire prevention to young children.
- How to motivate children and families to change behaviors.
- How to involve parents in home fire safety.
- How to work with community fire service to promote fire education and prevention.
Who has received this training:
More than 215 play safe! be safe! training workshops have been presented by Fireproof Children. The play safe! be safe! ® program was inducted into the National Fire Heritage Center in 2014, in recognition of 20 years of fire safety education for young children.
2018 play safe! be safe! ® Workshops:
|03/03/18||Tucson, AZ||Tucson Fire Department|
|03/09/18||Lansing, MI||Michigan State Fire Marshal|
|03/24/18||Fresno, CA||Central Valley Children’s Services Network|
|04/06/18||Concord, NH||New Hampshire State Fire Marshal|
|05/17/18||South Central Ontario||Township of Woolwich Fire Department|
|05/22/18||Buffalo, NY||Child Care Resource Network|
|06/13/18||Fargo, ND||Fargo Fire Department|
|09/14/18||Omaha, NE||Early Learning Connection Omaha Region|
Stop by our booth at these 2018 Conferences:
|03/19/18||Central Pennsylvania||CenClear Child Services Conference|
|Montour Falls, NY||NYS Fire & Life Safety Educators’ Conference|
|08/14/18||Park City, UT||NASFM Annual Conference|