Firefighter Neighborhood Outreach
Making the Most of a Home Visit/Inspection
There are thousands of smoke alarm delivery programs throughout the country. Firefighters need to know how to make these programs effective, especially for high-risk populations.
Fire service and fire safety educators.
Our training team of firefighters and educators with years of experience.
Benefits of this Training:
- High-impact, to-the-point training
- Designed with input from firefighters on what they need in their jobs
- Rapport building
- Specific ways to address the top 5 causes of home fires
- Simple evidence-based techniques to motivate people not to remove batteries
- Strategies for overcoming barriers to changing behavior to improve home safety
- Free resources available from homefiredrill.org including Home Fire Drill: Does Your Family Know What to Do? and the interactive animated teaching game Help Mikey Make It Out, and home safety checklists.
Who Has Received This Training:
This training was originally developed for the Rochester, NY Fire Department, funded by a FEMA grant, to enhance firefighters’ effectiveness when interacting with the citizens they serve.